Easter Rice Krispie Treats
These cute Easter treats are perfect for an Easter party or to share with classmates!
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies Cereal
- 3 TBS Butter
- 10 oz bag Marshmallows or 4 cups of Mini Marshmallows
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut.
- food color
- Assorted Jelly Bellies or malted eggs
- Wooden Spoon to stir
- Parchment Paper to work on (highly recommended)
- Clear food bags with tie or ribbon
- Tint coconut by placing 1/2 cup coconut into a small ziplock bag. In a very small dish put a 1/4 tsp water with one drop of dye. Add a second drop for darker tint. Add to ziplock and shake until coconut is tinted.
- Melt margarine or butter in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Shape mixture into 16 three inch nests. (Adult only)
- Children can help fill the cooled nests with tinted coconut and small candies.
- Build nests on parchment paper for best results.
Tips and Suggestions
- Note Let Rice Krispies cool for about 30 seconds to one minute before handling but not longer. If you wait too long it will harden and be difficult to
- Spray hands with Pam or put a little butter on your fingers when shaping the nests.
- Write out the recipe for your child to follow. Line up the ingredients on the counter so they can match ingredients on the recipe and follow along as you make the Rice Krispies treats.
Cookie Cutter Treats
Have some extra rice krispie mix? Flatten onto a piece of parchment paper. Place another small piece of parchment paper on top and press or roll gently with a rolling pin. Lift the parchment paper and using a cutter of your choice press into treat and pull away excess from around the cookie cutter. Lift cutter and decorate as you wish. Small candies can be added using frosting or whipped marshmallow.
You might Enjoy these other Easter Ideas