Easter Bunny Cupcakes
Make these super cute Easter Bunny Cupcakes.
- Box of cake mix
- White Cake frosting
- Large Marshmallows (1 per cupcake)
- Small Marshmallow (1 per cupcake)
- Pink sugar crystals
- Red Hots or small candy (Nose)
- Mini M and M's (eyes)
- Pretzel Sticks (2 per bunny ear)
- Muffin Tins
- Muffin Liners
- Cookie sheet or cutting board to work on
- Small Bowls for candies and marshmallow
- Kitchen Shears (adult only)
- Paper towels handy
- Licorice Strings for Whiskers(optional)
- Line muffin tin with liners.
- Bake cupcakes as directed on box.
- Let cool completely and then frost with white cake frosting.
- Sprinkle white coconut all over the surface.
- Cut one large marshmallow in half diagonally with kitchen shears.
- Dip the cut surface into pink sprinkles to make the inner ear.
- Using frosting or Wilton Icing, glue on eyes, nose, cheeks on face.
- Poke one pretzel stick into marshmallow (bottom of ear) half way and then insert the other end into the cupcake to hold ear in place.
- Repeat with other ear.
Tips and Suggestions
- We tested 5 different muffin liners and it seemed that the firmer, thicker liners made rounder cupcakes and the thinner ones had flatter cupcakes. Depending on what you are decorating you might want a certain shape.
- We found red hots at Target which has a candy center where you just mix and match what candies you want to buy.
- Licorice strings are hard to find but make great whiskers.
- If you want finer coconut, or have a few long pieces, chop in a small food chopper or processor.
- If you are doing this activity with young children, then make the ears ahead of time.