Toddler Activities: Decorate a Note Cube
Toddler Activities: Personalize a note cube with markers and you have a perfect Father's Day Gift. We found this cute idea from Martha Stewart's site and decided to make our own with a couple variations.
Markers and a white or apastel note cube make this a wonderful personalized gift that can be displayed at work as a reminder of how special dad is.
- Note Cube approx 3.5 x 3.5 inches (Plain or Pastel Colors) found at office supply stores such as Office Max or WalMart
- Broad Tip Marker or Thick Sharpie Pen
- Paint Pens are colorful and bright(optional with adult assistance)
- 1-2 Rubber bands to hold cube while writing
- Pencils or Pens
- Print out a message or a favorite photo for the top of the cube.
- Unwrap note cube. Rubber band the cube on the opposite side that you will be writing on or hold firmly to keep the pages firmly together when you write.
- Write your message using pencil for young children.
- Have your child trace the pencil with broad tip markers or a black Sharpie Pen.
- Color hearts or shapes with paint pens (requires adult assistance)
- Cut photo or clip art the same size as your cube. Most have a cover page or glue to the top page with a glue stick. For best hold rub glue stick on both surfaces to be glued together.
- Tie with ribbon.
- Slide a pen or pencils under the ribbon.
Tips and Suggestions
See Our Other Father's Day Ideas
Dad's Favorite Barbecue Sauce
Cute personalized jar of dad's favorite barbecue sauce. See how we made it
Decoupage Picture Coasters
Pick favorite pictures of family and dad and make these Decoupage Picture Coasters. These last years! See how we made it
Father's Day Poem
This poems says it all! Great for young children or for a classroom gift to make for dad. See our free printable