Decoupage a frame with colored tissue and has cute stick on items. Easy for any age. Frames can be bought at most craft supply stores. This would make a nice make and take for a birthday activity.
- 1 frame (Michaels and Dollar Tree have wooden frames.
- Tissue Paper
- Scrapbook embellishments: stickers, foam stickers, buttons, etc.
- Mod Podge (Matte) or Elmer's Glue and water mixture in a 3:1 (glue/water) ratio
- Photos or hand drawn pictures
- Newspaper or paper to cover table to work on
- Paint the front of the frame with Matte Mod Podge.
- Lay a piece of tissue on the top.
- Cut a small square out from the center and press down the tissue to cover the inside of the picture frame's inside edges.
- Patch any places where the frame is showing with some tissue.
- Brush the top with Mod Podge
- Let dry for about 45 minutes.
- Paint the sides and edge of back with Mod Podge
- Press tissue over the edges and on back.
- Let dry for 45 minutes.
- Trim excess tissue
- Add embellishments like stickers, glitter glue, or glue on small objects like buttons.
- Add photo or small drawn picture by attaching to the back of the frame.
Tips and Suggestions
- The girls drew pictures on small squares with oil pastels and selected one to add to the frame.
- Add a poem or message or photo and this can make a cute Mother's Day picture for children to make and take home.
- We found colored tissue packs at the Dollar Tree.
For Younger Children
- Use cut squares of tissue about 1-2 inches square or you could tear pieces for a different look.
- This will make it easier to cover and won't tear like a large piece of tissue can.
Other Decoupage Crafts You Might Enjoy