Create a button pin for someone special. Great Mother's Day gift or for your child's teacher during Teacher Appreciation Week. This could also be made into a magnet.
- Buttons of various colors and shapes. They sell mixed bags of buttons at craft stores. You can also use scrapbook buttons for the top pieces as we did.
- Tacky Craft Glue (Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue recommended)
- Pin Back
- small piece of felt
- Small tray or blanket to lay out buttons on
- Waxed Paper
- Select five buttons for the petals and arrange on a flat surface covered by a piece of waxed paper.
- Glue together the top two buttons.
- Put a drop of glue on each of the five buttons laid out for the petals as shown in picture.
- Place the two glued top buttons on the "petals".
- Let dry.
- Cut a small piece of felt just large enough to fit over the inside of the pinback. (See photo above)
- Glue to Pinback and then glue felt to the back of the button pin.
Tips and Suggestions
- You will need craft glue for the buttons to hold together. I found that the Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue worked best because it is very thick.
- You can use buttons with the back shank...just use a jewelry cutter and cut the loop off the back. This will require adult assistance as will adhering the pinback to the button flower.
Other Button Flower Crafts