Rice Krispie Cookies
An easy but delicious and buttery cookie that we love! A co worker brought some to a grade level meeting and I was in heaven! This is a fun one for kids to help make.
- 1 cup margarine or butter softened (recipe called for either but we use butter)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Rice Krispies cereal
Materials to Use
- Cookie Sheet
- Wire rack to cool
- Two bowls, One large for dough and one smaller for Rice Krispies
- Wooden spoon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- In a large bowl, cream margarine and sugar.
- Add egg.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Drop rounded teaspoons into bowl of Rice Krispies and roll gently to coat.
- Place on un-greased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven until edges are delicately brown.
- Cool slightly on cookie sheet before transferring to wire racks.
Tips and Suggestions
- Oven time will vary so watch carefully for cookie to turn golden with edges slightly darker and adjust your time as needed.
- Be sure to space about 3 inches apart because it will spread as it cooks.