Rice Krispie Cookies
A super easy to make but so light and buttery cookie that we love! A co worker brought some to a grade level meeting and I was in heaven! Best eaten the same day...but trust me this won't last long. This is a fun one for kids to help make.
- 1 cup butter softened (recipe gave margarine as an option but highly recommend butter)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Rice Krispies cereal
Materials to Use
- Cookie Sheet
- Wire rack to cool
- Two bowls, One large for dough and one smaller for Rice Krispies
- Wooden spoon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Drop rounded teaspoons into bowl of Rice Krispies and roll gently to coat.
- Place on un-greased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven until edges are delicately brown.
- Cool slightly on cookie sheet before transferring to wire racks.
Tips and Suggestions
- Oven time will vary so watch carefully for cookie to turn golden with edges slightly darker and adjust your time as needed. It can burn easily so make sure to watch the first batch to get the perfect time for your oven.
- Be sure to space about 3 inches apart because it will spread as it cooks.