Graham Crackers made with a Butter Glaze and Almonds. This is a very simple recipe but so delicious. Store in an airtight container or place in a decorative container for a gift. It can also be bagged in a clear treat bag with ribbon.
Ingredients for Graham Brittle
- 1 Box Honey Maid Graham Crackers
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 block butter or margarine
- Almond Slivers or crushed pretzel pieces, mini chocolate chips.
- 1 or 2 Cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. You can use foil but parchment paper is recommended.
- Small Microwave Safe Bowl
- Butter Knife or Silicone Brush
- Cover cookie sheet(s) with parchment paper.
- Break crackers into fours and line up in a single layer on cookie sheet
- This step is for an adult to complete. Melt sugar and butter together on med heat. Boil for 3 minutes. Stir to avoid scalding. Letting mixture cool just a little before "drizzling" makes it a little thicker making it easier to apply to cracker.
- Drizzle over crackers. Adult should drizzle and if child is old enough they can help to spread the "caramel" using a pastry brush or plastic knife.
- Sprinkle almond slivers over each piece.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes. Sugar mixture should caramelize, bubble a little on each cracker. Make sure you do not over bake, or crackers will scorch.
- Please ensure that your child does NOT have a nut allergy prior to this activity.
- If your child is allergic to nuts you can substitute crushed pretzel pieces, mini chocolate chips.
Place in a clear treat bag or Christmas tin and tie with bow for a sweet treat to a teacher or special person.