Festive Pretzel Rods
Cute pretzels make great party favors or treats. Just select your choice of sprinkles and dip pretzels in white or dark chocolate. Tie 3 in a clear party bag to show off the treats! We have given this as teacher gifts too for special holidays like Christmas and Valentines Day.
- Pretzel Rods
- White Chocolate Morsels, Bakers Chocolate or Almond Bark
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels or Bakers Chocolate, or Chocolate Bark
- Various Candy Sprinkles or crushed candies (crushed heath, peppermints)
- Chopped Nuts or Slivered Almond pieces
- Wax paper or parchment paper
- Small Microwave Safe Bowl or Pyrex Measuring Cup
- Butter Knife or Silicone Brush
- Melt chocolate in microwave safe container. Since microwaves vary, times will vary. Heat until just melted. Chocolate should be warm not hot.
Chocolate scorches very easily and will taste burnt if heated too long. Microwave 30 seconds, stir 15 secs, and repeat as needed.
- Dip pretzel into chocolate or brush chocolate evenly with silicone pastry brush
- Sprinkle toppings on pretzel over bowl for a lighter coating or line a pan with parchment paper or foil and pour sprinkles onto it. Roll until pretzel is evenly coated.
- Let dry on waxed paper. Cool in refrigerator for 30 min to harden faster.
Fourth of July Pretzels
Perfect for a picnic or party! Pretzels are dipped or brushed in white chocolate and rolled in red, white and blue sprinkles.
Arrange in a small vase for a party centerpiece, or package a few in a clear cello bag and tie with a bow.
Perfect for a gift to teachers, and other people you want to express your gratitude. Pretzels are dipped in various Christmas colored sprinkles. Another yummy idea is using peppermint pieces.
Halloween Pretzel Rods
We used white frosting instead of chocolate and colored it with a few drops of food coloring. Put about 3-5 tablespoons of frosting into small microwaveable dish.
Microwave about ten seconds and stir. It should be warm not hot and easy to stir. Ad the food coloring and stir till the color is even. Brush frosting onto the pretzel rod and decorate with green, orange, purple and black sprinkles. We filled the jar with black jelly beans.
All Occasion Pretzel Rods
These are a tasty variation with nuts and sprinkles....but make sure you check for any nut allergies first. This can be used for any occasion.
Chocolate Dipped in Regular Chocolate and Colorful Sprinkles added. We found the easiest way to dip was using small tongs and gently lowering into chocolate, lifting, let excess drip and turning the pretzel over. While still holding with the tongs, add sprinkles the sprinkles over a small bowl or cake pan to catch or conserve the extra sprinkles.
Butter Snap Pretzels
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees F.
- Place a single layer of pretzels onto the parchment paper.
- Place a chocolate on each pretzel.
- Bake in oven for three minutes or until chocolate is soft. Test with small spoon.
- Remove from oven and quickly press a candy coated chocolate like M and M's into chocolate.
Change candies to coordinate with the different holidays.
Christmas Dipped Pretzels
- Place pretzels in a small dish and have sprinkles ready.
- Put 2 or 3 squares of chocolate bark into a microwave safe bowl. Dip pretzels into chocolate halfway and gently shake to remove excess.
- Sprinkle with candy decorations. Place on parchment paper to cool. For faster results, cool in refrigerator for about 20 minutes.