Delicious and fun to make. Form into the traditional pretzel shape or twist for a soft pretzel stick.
- Cinnamon Sugar
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- Refrigerated breadsticks (Pillsbury)
Other Items Needed
- Cookie Sheet
- Cinnamon Shaker, ziplock or small container to mix cinnamon sugar together
- Mix Cinnamon and sugar together in shaker, zip lock or small container. Mix well and pour some onto plate.
- Pull apart breadsticks into individual pieces.
- For traditional pretzel shape, roll with hands until it is about 12 inches long
- Or make fun shapes and letters with your child
- Roll in cinnamon sugar mixture on plate.
- Lay on cookie sheet forming a small U and fold ends into a heart shape crossing eachother to make pretzel shape.
- For pretzel sticks, roll in cinnamon mixture and twist gently. Lay on cookie sheet
- Bake as directed on package.
Tips and Suggestions
- Cook only one sheet at a time for best results, one sheet will not cook as fast or evenly. It should fit on one large sheet, I wasn't surehow much it would spread so I had used two.
- Use a good cookie sheet. I used an Anolon cookie and the pretzels slipped right off after baking. I also used an inexpensive Wilton cookie sheet
for the last three and the cinnamon sugar that fell on the sheet burned and the pretzels were harder to remove from the sheet.
- Do not overcook or it will become hard.