An easy breakfast casserole sure to please everyone. You can add or omit items to suit your family. Servings: 8
- 12 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 1/4 cups grate cheddar cheese
- 3 cups of croutons
- 6 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups milk or half and half
- 1 bell pepper (red, green add nice color) diced
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- 9 x 12 pan
- Pam or other nonstick cooking spray
- Small microwaveable bowl to melt butter
- Medium bowl
- Paper Towels
- Cook bacon over medium heat in skillet until evenly brown. Drain on paper towels, crumble and set aside.
- Spray 9 x 12 pan with Pam or other nonstick spray. Line with the croutons.
- Melt butter in small dish in microwave. Drizzle over croutons
- Sprinkle two cups of the grated cheese over the croutons.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Crack eggs into medium bowl and whisk to break up the egg yolks. Add milk or half and half and mustard. Mix.
- Add diced peppers and beat until well-combined.
- Pour over the croutons and the cheese. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon and remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to stand 10 minutes before serving. Cute into squares and serve.
Tips and Suggestions
- Use two types of bell peppers for added color.
- Use two types of cheese for variation
- For additional flavor, let sit overnight in the refrigerator
- Be sure to mix in the mustard well
- I omit the salt and pepper since the bacon provides enough salt for our taste