Our All-Star Blueberry Pie
Stars make this Blueberry pie a winner! We wanted a special pie to celebrate the Fourth of July and added these cut out stars to our favorite blueberry pie recipe.
Print Recipe Here All Star Blueberry Pie
3/4 cup white sugar
5 Tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 cups of fresh blueberries
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
1 Tablespoon Butter
Pillsbury Pre-Made Crust
One egg white (optional to brush the top of the pie before baking
- Mix cornstarch, sugar, salt and cinnamon and sprinkle over blueberries. Add 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Place pie crust into pie dish.
- Pour blueberry mixture into the crust, and dot with pieces of butter.
- Line cutting board with parchment paper roll out remaining dough. Cut remaining dough with a star shaped cutter.
- Lay stars on top of the blueberry mixture.
- Brush egg white lightly with pastry brush over the stars (optional)
- Cover edges of pie crust with foil and bake with foil until the last 15 minutes.
- Bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees on the middle rack for 50 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- Let cool for one hour before slicing. This is very important to let the cornstarch absorb some of the blueberry juices
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping.