Smoothies are a big favorite of our family and we have several go to recipes. Since we are not going to any restaurants to be on the extra safe side, we have been experimenting with making the easiest smoothie possible.
We are featuring our 3 ingredient recipe that works with any type of frozen fruit.
Our "Quarantine" Smoothie
- 1 cup of your favorite frozen fruit
- 1 cup on Vanilla Yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup crushed ice or ice cubes (we used the crushed to minimize work our blender has to do)
- Place all ingredients in the blender and press smoothie function. It's just that simple!
- We also like using the dark almond chocolate milk with a frozen berry mix
Note that fruit must be frozen to have the thick smoothie consistency.
- 1 cup frozen blueberries or strawberries or a mixture
- 1 Yoplait Light Yogurt Vanilla
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons Honey
- 1 cup of ice
Add all ingredients and blend.
Note: Makes 2-3 servings
Milkshake with Fresh Fruit
- 3 cups blueberries or strawberries (add more if fruit is out of season for stronger flavor)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 to 4 Tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of ice
- Since this is using fresh fruit, you will need to adjust sugar to taste.
- Add more fruit if it is out of season for a stronger berry flavor.
- We tried some with banana, banana has a very strong flavor so use only 1/2 a banana if you are using other fruit and want to have a blend.