St. Patrick's Pot of Gold
A cute St. Patrick's Day craft with a rainbow with a pot of gold.
- 1 white yogurt cup
- Green Tissue
- Black Paint/Brush
- 1 pipe cleaner
- Rainbow colored pony beads
- Foam shamrock or green rhinestones, stickers
- Gold Coins or Gold Wrapped Candy
- Paint outside and top rim of yogurt cup black. Let dry.
- Adult used tip of scissors to make a small hole on either side near the top.
- Have child string beads on pipe cleaner.
- When cup is dry decorate outside with stickers, foam shamrocks or rhinestones if desired.
- Poke ends of pipe cleaner into the cup and and twist to secure, trim excess. (Adult step)
- Stuff with tissue and coins or candy.
Tips and Suggestions
- Spray painted yogurt cup with silicone sealer if you want it to be shiny before decorating or adding the rainbow.
The leprechaun is Ireland's national fairy. He stands less than 3 feet tall, is dressed all in green, and wears a pointy, feathered cap atop his head.
Legend states that if you are lucky enough to find a leprechaun, you must be careful not to let him out of your sight until he tells you where
the pot of gold is. You had better be on your toes, though, because leprechauns are known to be cunning and quick. In the blink of an eye, he will disappear
taking your hopes for good fortune with him.