Make the photo frame flowers from foam, decorate, then add your favorite photos and make a photo bouquet. Cute gift for grandparents or a gift home from school for Mother's Day.
- Foam in various colors.
- Printable Flower Pattern
- Craft Glue
- Fabric Paint in Squeeze Bottles (Scribbles) found at craft stores or stores with craft sections like WalMart
- Colored Craft Sticks or 20ga Floral Wire
- Photo 2 in x 1.5 inches
- Other decorations: Glitter Glue, Buttons, foam stickers, etc.
- Clear Packing tape
- Print out the flower page and trace onto your foam or cut your own foam flowers.
- Decorate the flower with your choice of stickers, glitter glue, ribbon, beads etc. Use craft glue to adhere for better bond.
- Let dry.
- Print photos 2 in x 1.5 in.
- Place glue around the entire circle ring. Center the photo in the back of each of the flower ring.
- Add a little more glue and place ring with photo onto flower.
Tips and Suggestions
- You can do a single flower but adding a flower on the back allows you to "arrange" the bouquet without worrying about seeing the back.
- We used floral wire for a taller flower. Chenille stems are not strong enough to support the weight of the flower.
Another variation on this toddler activity is to make a mobile. If you have a single hole punch, punch holes in the flower and string ribbon through the holes and hang from a colored hangar.
Other Photo Projects