Love Bug Magnet
A cute Lovebug magnet or pin! A great Valentine's gift...also an easy classroom project. Add a couple googly eyes and spots. It makes a cute party make and take!
- Plaster of Paris
- Round Plastic Candy Mold or Plastic Spoons, Plastic Knife
- Non Toxic Craft Glue
- Wiggly Eyes
- Tempera Paint and Paint Brush(es)
- 1" Self Adhesive Magnet Strip or Pin Back
- Craft Glue
- Small piece of sandpaper
- Acrylic Spray
- Small container and plastic disposable spoon to mix plaster
- Newspaper to work on.
- Plate or plastic palette for paint
- Q-tip for painting spots
- Mix Your plaster according to directions on container.
- Fill mold or spoons till level. Tap gently to release any air bubbles and use knife to flatten surface.
- Wait one hour and pop out the shapes.
- Let dry fully on the newspaper for a few hours.
- Paint as desired and let dry.
- Glue on Wiggly Eyes.
- Adhere magnet strip or glue pin to the back.
Pins for Any Occasion or Holiday
With all the different silicone molds on the market or candy molds, you can make little art pieces for any holiday, special occasion, or just for fun. This would make an easy make and take project for a birthday party if you make all of the pieces ahead of time.
- Plaster of Paris
- Candy molds
- Spoon and cup for mixing plaster of paris
- Acrylic Paint and brush
- Container for water to wash brushes between colors
- Acrylic Spray to seal in and protect.
- Pin backs or Magnet
Li>Mix up plaster of paris.
- Pour into molds and let dry for an hour or until set.
- Pop out gently from molds when it is dry.
- Paint and let fully dry. Spray with acrylic spray and let dry again. A second coat is recommended.
- Glue on a magnet or a pinback
Simple project for young children. This was made by my daughter in Kindergarten for Valentines.... Just construction paper, google eyes, crayon and small pom poms.