Great beginning paint and collage style activity for toddlers as early as two years of age.
- Construction paper in brown, red, orange, yellow, and purple
- Glue stick
- White Paper (construction paper, scrapbook paper, water color paper or card stock for background)
- Glitter Paint in a sheer color
- Paint Brush (a wide brush is easier for young toddlers)
- Select colors to be used and cut out shapes of fruit. Have the real fruit handy if possible to talk about it as you make shapes for your child.
- Cut out the Cornucopia.
- Have your child use glue stick to glue on the cornucopia first and then the cut out fruits.
- Paint with brush over picture
Tips and Suggestions
- If you prefer a pattern instead of cutting it freehand, type "free printable cornucopia or fruit" in google and you can find a number of
pictures you can use as patterns.
Other Fall Pictures
Cut out leaf shapes and draw a simple trunk on the paper. Have your child glue on the leaves. Using the sheer glitter paint to add some sparkle to the picture.
Fall Leave Mobile
Cut a paper plate into a spiral and then glue leaves on it from the center out. Then secure the plate from the middle piece and hang to create this Fall Leaf Mobile.
Here is a free printable Maple Leaf Pattern