A collage is one of those projects that are wonderful for little ones because there are no rules as to how it should look, and in fact the more random the objects are placed,
the more interesting it can be. I feel strongly about letting the child be the "creator" with minimal guidance.
- Loose fabric collage pieces, they come in different shapes, fabric texture and sheen. Sold at most craft stores or education supply stores.
- Foam shapes in various colors and shapes
- Ribbon, lace, fabric, felt (optional)
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
- Construction or Cardstock
- Have a selection of loose collage pieces.
- Let child pick one out and if child is very young, ask where he/she would like it placed.
- Put glue on the designated spot and let child place flower on glue..
- Let dry flat.
Tips and Suggestion
- For a more permanent bond use Fabri-Tac. The picture shown above was made over 2 years ago.
- Use a variety of materials such as foam pieces, feathers, beads, or buttons.
- Frame in a Shadow Box
Discuss the shapes selected by your child: discuss, color, shape and texture.