Easter Chick & Bunny
Cute Easter Animals filled with candy treats like Jellybeans and Lemon Drops.
Materials for the Rabbit
- Styrofoam Ball 2" One per bunny
- Pipecleaners (1 white one pink)
- 5 white small pom poms. 1 mini pink pom pom (nose)
- Wiggle eyes
Materials for the Chick
- Styrofoam ball 2" One per chick
- Two mini pom poms or black beads for eyes.
- Orange foam or felt
- Craft Glue, Tape
- Easter Grass
Other Materials for the Candy Filled Body
- Small Jelly Beans or Lemon Drops
- Small clear treat bag for the body
Steps for the Bunny
- Cut pink pipe cleaner about 1.5 inch for each ear and cut the white about 2 inches for each ear.
- Bend the pink pipe cleaner in half and poke gently into styrofoam ball.
- Repeat with the second pink pipe cleaner
- Poke the white pipecleaner on one side of the pink and bend over the pink one and poke into styrofoam ball on the other side.
- Glue on the wiggly eyes and pom pom nose.
- Cut four pink or white pipe cleaners about an inch long. Poke into styrofoam ball near nose for whiskers.
- To make the bunny without the candy, glue on pom pom feet and hands and tail.
Steps for the Chick
- Paint styrofoam ball with yellow paint. Let dry.
- Glue on mini pom pom eyes.
- Glue on feather
- Fold piece of foam or felt in half and cut a small triangle. When opened it should form a diamond. Glue onto styrofoam ball where the fold is.
- If you are not adding the candy for the body, fold the foam again and cut a heart out for the feet. Glue on the bottom of the ball.
Materials for the Candy Filled Chick or Bunny
- Clear plastic treat bag about 5" x 3". A small ziplock bag will work also if you fold the excess and tape it on the back.
- One twist tie per bag
- One coffee stir per bunny or chick.
- Small Piece of Ribbon for Chick.
Tips and Suggestions
- Press ball gently on a flat counter or surface. It will flatten the bottom making your bunny or chick able to sit.
Bunny and Chick Without the Candy Bag
Steps to Attach Candy Filled Bag
- Make the styrofoam bunny and chick as directed above without glued the feet as they will go on the bottom of the treat bag.
- Fill treat bag about 3/4 of the way and put the twist tie on with the ends facing what will be the back of your treat bag.
- Fold back the excess plastic bag at the top and secure with a piece of tape.
- Poke the coffee stir into the styrofoam ball where the "neck" will be. If it is difficult to make a hole, use a toothpick to make the hole and then insert the coffee stir. Trim the coffee stir to make it shorter. ( I opted for coffee stirs since it is not as sharp as a toothpick)
- Tape stir to the back of the filled treat bag. Now you have a head and body.
- The pom pom paws glued onto the styrofoam should hide the twist tie. If you prefer, add a small bow. Secure with a dab of craft glue or tape.
- Tape or glue the pom pom feet onto the bottom of the bag on each side.
- Tape or glue the pom pom tail on the back of the treat bag.
- Glue or tape the feet onto the bottom of the treat bag.
- Make a bow and glue or tape over the twist tie.
- Tape feather to the side of the treat bag.