Egg Carton Chicks
A cute Easter display with chicks hatching out of their shells.
- 1 egg carton
- 4-6 cleaned dried egg shell halves
- 2-3 yellow pom poms
- Wiggle Eyes or small black beads
- Small piece of orange foam or felt
- Craft Glue
- Easter Grass
- Glue eyes onto pom pom.
- Cut a diamond shape out of orange foam or felt by folding a small piece in half and cutting a triangle out of it. The diamond will open up like a beak. Glue bottom half to the pom pom for a three dimensional effect.
- Place Easter grass in open egg container and lay a some eggshell halve inside.
- Place each of the chicks into a shell.
Tips and Suggestions
- Color the egg shell halves if you'd like more color.
- Place small Easter treats like malted eggs in the Easter Grass.
- If you'd like it visible from all angles simply cut the cover off.
The Easter Bunny is a mythical character. It is said that the Easter Bunny brings baskets filled with colored eggs, candy and toys to the homes of children on the night before Easter. The Easter Bunny will put the baskets in a designated place or hide
them somewhere in the house for the children to find when they wake up in the morning.
The Easter Bunny can be compared to Santa Clause at Christmas since they
both bring gifts to children on the eve of the holiday.
The origin of the Easter Bunny is uncertain however it has been mentioned as early as 1600!