Decorate a Tote Bag
Have your child design her very own tote bag using foam stamps. This also is a great birthday activity and each child can take home her goodies in his or her very own decorated bag.
- Natural Canvas Tote Bag (found at most craft stores and some sell in bulk amounts or at Amazon.)
- Fabric Paints
- Foam Brush applicator or Paint brush(es)
- Paper Plate, or Plastic Palette for Pain
- Cube Stampers (also found at most craft stores for about $1 each)Some stamps are seasonal
- Plate or newspaper to place stamps on.
- Rhinestones, silk flowers, ribbon, felt or other embellishments
- Fabri-Tac (for items like rhinestones
- Discuss the colors to be used, stamp patterns, and how to apply paint with brush and where and how to stamp on bag.
- Put paint on palette. Have brush and water ready.
- Design one side of bag and let it dry. Complete other side of bag if desired. Hang to dry!
Tips and Suggestions
- Work one color at a time for very young stampers. You may consider doing this in 2 sittings to avoid smearing and make the transition of colors easier.
- There are also colored totes that you can select from.
- Great Party Activity! They sell these bags individually or in packs of 8-10 in various colors. Children can take their goodies home in their own handmade bag.
- Older children may want to embellish the top of the bag with trimming such as ribbon or yarn.
- These stamps make wonderful cards or even wrapping paper! Use water colors or other paint or stamp pads for other variations.
- Create your own stamp using stick on foam stickers which they have a large variety of themes now available at craft stores.
Decorate a Reusable Grocery Bag
Decorate a reusable grocery bag to Trick or Treat for Halloween.
- Tote Bag (found at most craft stores like Michaels)
- Foam Shapes and Foam Stickers
- Wiggly Eyes
- Fabri-Tac or Tacky Glue
- Newspaper to work on
- Select foam shapes and stickers to be used
- Arrange on bag and glue down.
- Lay flat to dry
Another way to decorate is to decorate with paint.