Toddler Activities: Hot Cocoa Cones
Hot Cocoa "Ice Cream" Cones for Christmas Gifts or Stocking Stuffers. Add chocolate chips or Christmas Sprinkles with Marshmallow and top with a red gumdrop to make a cherry. These are great gifts for teachers and staff at a school.
- 2 Clear Cone Shaped Pastry Bags
- Small Bowls
- Two Twist Ties or two small rubber bands
- Hot Cocoa Mix
- Small Marshmallows
- One red gumdrop
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Small Gift Card
- Small measuring cup with lip
- Put marshmallows in a bowl.
- Put the Chocolate Chips in a second bowl.
- Pour three or four packets of cocoa into one of the cone shaped pastry bags.
- Twist right above cocoa and secure with a twist tie or small rubber band.
- Trim extra plastic on top leaving about an inch.
- Place cocoa filled pastry bag into another empty pastry bag.
- Place three to four tablespoons of chocolate chips so that they are layered on top of the cocoa.
- Add marshmallows to form the top layer.
- Place Red Gumdrop on top.
- Twist the bag shut and secure with twist tie or two small rubber bands.
- Add a ribbon and gift card.
Tips and Suggestions
- Cone Shaped bags were found at stores carrying cake decorating supplies.
- The small no-tangle elastic hairbands for children work really well to secure bags.
- If using a tin of cocoa, measure cocoa into a small measuring cup with lip for easier pouring.
- Adult will need to hold bag when spooning in marshmallows so that they form a layer on top of the cocoa and don't slide down the side.
- If you are making more than 4 of these, buying a can instead of individual packets will be less expensive
- Small rubber hairbands work well in tying plastic bag and are less visible.
- Suggested Note on Gift Tag:
Here is a gift that will warm you up. Just add some hot water, and stir into your favorite cup.