Toddler Activities: Play Memory Match
Print the numbers 0-9 on red construction paper and play memory match or sequence the numbers. Appropriate for preschool or kindergarten. Cute activity to introduce Chinese New Year.
- Print out TWO copies of the Chinese numbers on Construction Paper (you need two copies for each set)
- Cut out two pieces of clear contact paper and lay over construction paper or laminate for repeated use. (optional step)
- Cut out the numbers on the bold line.
Memory Match Instructions
Number of Players: 2
- Spread the cards, face down, on a flat surface. Decide who goes first. You can select the youngest player, or earliest birthday, etc. Players take turns turning over 2 cards at a time.
- The cards must be turned over completely so that all players can see them. A player makes a match if the two cards turned over are identical.
- When a match is made, the player puts the pair of cards beside him/her. The player's turn continues until he/she does not make a match.
- If the two cards turned over are not identical, cards are turned back over in the same place, and the player's turn ends.
- Players try to remember all the cards that have been turned over. Winner is the player with the most matches when all the cards are turned over.
- Here is a handy PDF of the rules for the Memory Match Game.