Mother's Day Key Chain or Purse Charm
A cute key chain or purse charm that says it all! Easy for all ages to string the beads. They can make name bracelets with these letters as well or bracelets with fun sayings or words like, "Friends Forever", "Love" or "Best Teacher". Perfect as simple gifts from young children to peers, family or teachers.
- Bead String about 12" long
- Letter Beads and Pony Beads
- Key Ring, or Snap ring (I found a colorful pack at WalMart) but they also have them at craft stores like Michaels or Hobby Lobby. Amazon usually carries beads and simple findings as well.
- Small tray or blanket to lay out beads on
- Craft Glue or Glue Gun to be used by an adult (highly recommended for securing knot or it will slip)
- Have your child line up beads in order to be strung. You can write the message on a paper and match the letters.
- Tie a slip knot at one end or tie around a bead to keep others from slipping off.
- String the beads.
- Tie a double knot and put a drop of glue to make extra secure.
- Tie onto clip or ring of your choice
Tips and Suggestions
- Write your message with extra space between words so you have room to line up beads to be placed between the words. Read the words together and identify each letter.
- Add Charms to the key chain
- Find other fun beads, here are different shaped beads like hearts and stars
- Other fun beads are glow in the dark beads or neon beads.
Mother's Day is relatively modern, and has been celebrated from about the start of the 20th century. In countries other than the United States, mother's day is also
celebrated however, it may be on a different day because of the different origins. In the UK it is called Mothering Sunday and some countries refer to is as International
Making Pony Bead Bracelets
We have other activities with pony beads on our site. Here is a page that shows some of the different types of beads as well as how to start a bracelet by tying a bead.