Mixed Media Heart Collage
Using construction paper, tissue, and glitter, make these fun heart collages. Great way to introduce mixed media to young children. This was done in 1st grade.
Scissors, Craft Scissors
Heart Paper punches
Pencil to roll pieces of construction paper
Elmer's White Glue for glitter.
Glue Sticks for gluing tissue and construction paper down. For construction paper, rub glue stick on backing and the piece to be glued on for best results. It will create a strong bond when it dries.
- Select a large piece of construction paper for the base.
- Select various pieces of construction paper and tissue.
- Cut and roll pieces of construction paper. Use a pencil to roll pieces of construction paper.
- Use the craft scissors to cut neat edges. Punch hearts in the construction paper pieces. Save the hearts and the paper with the cut out hearts.
- Cut tissue
- Lay out your design, decide which layers will be on top. Glue with glue stick or elmers. Use the glue stick for the pieces of tissue paper for best results.
- When pieces are secure, make hearts with the elmer's glue where the glitter will go. Add glitter, shake excess and let project dry.