Counting Math Book
This simple money counting book is perfect for , kindergarten and lower elementary. You can make it as simple as needed or add a few other coins for older children. For preschool you could pre-cut your "coins".
- Construction paper or cardstock
- Pre-cut hands for younger children. Die cut would be the best way for a class or make a simple dish for the candies and a little sack or coin purse shape for the money
- Glue Stick
- Velobind to make a class book.
- Use our free printable pattern for your hand if you do not have a die cut machine to make them.
- Pre cut all jelly beans or candies. Die cut would work well.
- Here is a link to a page of Free Printable Coins
- Read some our books we found with great ratings!
- Talk about the coins you are going to use. Practice counting coins. Hands on manipulatives work well.
- Have each child make a page.
- Work in small groups, or have a parent helper come in. Check before allowing them to glue by having them lay the coins to glue on the hand.
- Bind all the pages into a class book
Tips and Suggestions
- You could always use stars or other small shapes to represent candy instead of jelly beans..