Christmas Wreath Door Hanger and Ornament
Christmas Toddler Activities: Make a Christmas door hanger with bells and decorations. Cute party craft for a make a take idea or classroom craft as a gift to parents from students! Great for ages 5+. Some 4 years old children made one did this activity with assistance in attaching and tying the decorations onto the wreath.
- Grapevine Wreaths
- Glitter and Red and Green Pipe Cleaners
- Various Christmas decorations like small floral tie ons such as berries, mini snowflakes on floral wire, and other small decorations
- Christmas tree branches
- Ribbon to tie decorations on or to add a bow
- 2 or 3 Paper plates or containers to hold various decorations
- Mat to work on (optional)
- Fabri-Tac Glue (adult supervision required)
- Have decorations in trays, plates or small containers.
- Tie bells onto a ribbon.
- Tie ribbon with bells onto the grapevine wreath.
- Attach decorations by twisting onto wreath or inserting between vines.
- Decorations can also be attached using pipe cleaners.
- To add more securely, Fabri-Tac will hold pieces down but should be applied by an adult.
Tips and Suggestions
li>Have all materials ready before starting. Explain how and where pieces can go.
- Stringing the bells were the most difficult and required so pre stringing them might work better for younger children.
- For younger children, have them show you where they want the decoration to be placed and have an adult or older sibling assist.
- You can make it into a Christmas Wreath ornament instead of a door hanger if you prefer. It would be a great inexpensive classroom craft and perfect for a gift to parents.
- This can be done with large groups of children. Create a small work station for each child and have an adult ready to assist. One parent to 3-4 children would make this run smoothly.