Toddler Activities: Decorate a Note Cube
Toddler Activities: Personalize a note cube with markers and you have a perfect Father's Day Gift
We found this cute idea from Martha Stewarts site and decided to make our own with a couple variations.
Markers and a white or pastel note cube make this a wonderful personalized gift that can be displayed at work as a wonderful reminder of how special dad is.
Note Cube approx 3.5 x 3.5 inches (Plain or Pastel Colors) found at office supply stores such as Office Max
Broad Tip Marker or Thick Sharpie Pen
Print out a message or photo for the top of the cube.
Paint Pens (optional with adult assistance)
- Unwrap note cube. Rubberband the cube or hold firmly to keep the pages firmly together when you write.
- Write your message using pencil for young children.
- Have your child trace the pencil with broad tip markers or a black Sharpie Pen.
- Color hearts or shapes with paint pens (requires adult assistance)
- Cut photo or clip art the same size as your cube. Most have a cover page or glue to the top page.
- Tie with ribbon.
- Add a pen or pencil to your gift.
TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS
Fine tip markers with get caught on the pages
Adding dots to the ends of the letters helps finish the look.
Having layered colors actually makes it easy to plan your letters and spacing.