This frame is decoupaged with tissue and has cute stick on items.
Decoupage crafts for kids
1 frame (Michaels and Dollar Tree have wooden frames.
Mod Podge (Matte) or Elmer's Glue and water mixture in approximately a 3:1 (glue/water) ratio
Photos or hand drawn pictures
Newspaper to work on
TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS
- Paint the front of the frame with Matte Mod Podge.
- Lay a piece of tissue on the top.
- Cut a small square out from the center and press down the tissue to cover the inside of the picture frame's inside edges.
- Patch any places where the frame is showing with some tissue.
- Brush the top with Mod Podge
- Let dry for about 45 minutes.
- Paint the sides and edge of back with Mod Podge
- Press tissue over the edges and on back.
- Let dry for 45 minutes.
- Trim excess tissue
- Add embellishments like stickers, glitter glue, or glue on small objects like buttons.
- Add photo or small drawn picture.
The girls drew pictures on small squares with oil pastels and selected one to add to the frame.
Add a poem or message or photo and this can make a cute Mother's Day picture for children to make and take home.
We found colored tissue packs at the Dollar Tree.
FOR YOUNGER CHILDREN
Use cut squares of tissue about 1-2 inches square or you could tear pieces for a different look.
This will make it easier to cover and won't tear like a large piece of tissue can.
Our Other Decoupage Crafts You Might Like