Toddler Recipes: Easter Ice Cream Cones
Toddler Recipes: Make these cute Rice Krispie treats into ice cream cones. Sweet party treat and fun to eat.
A cute Easter treat perfect for a party, classroom celebration or just for fun!
6 cups of Rice Krispies Cereal
3 TBS Butter
10 oz bag Marshmallows or 4 cups of Mini Marshmallows
1/2 cup shredded coconut.
Assorted food colors
Assorted Jelly Bellies or malted eggs or other small Easter candies
Box of flat bottomed cones
Wooden Spoon to stir
Waxed Paper or Pam cooking spray
Frosting or Icing (optional)
- Tint coconut by placing 1/2 cup coconut into a small ziplock bag. In a very small dish put a 1/4 tsp water with one drop of dye. Add
a second drop for darker tint. Add to ziplock and shake until coconut is tinted.
- Melt margarine or butter in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows.
- When marshmallows are almost completely melted, add a drop of food coloring into melted marshmallows. Add a second drop if a darker color is
desired. Remove from heat when marshmallows are completely melted.
- Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Shape mixture into a ball. Mixture will make about 8 balls. (Adult only)
- Place on top of each cone and press gently.
- Frost the treats with about 2 tsp whipped marshmallow on the top and add small candies of your choice.
- Drop a pinch of tinted coconut onto top where whipped marshmallow is showing.
TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS
Note Let Rice Krispies cool for about 30 seconds to one minute before handling. If you wait too long it will harden and be difficult to
Spray hands with Pam or put a little butter on your fingers when shaping the nests.
For multiple colors, you might want to halve the recipe. 1/2 recipe will yield about 4 cones with extra for cutting with cookie cutters.
If you cut the recipe in half, stir continuously so marshmallows and butter don't scorch.
Make a Easter Party Platter
Make a party platter with a colorful Easter tray full of treats!
Bunny Eggs Nests
Easter Cookie Cutters
Using the extra rice krispie treats, flatten onto a surface sprayed lightly with Pam. Using a cutter of your choice press into treat and pull away excess from around
the cookie cutter. Lift cutter and decorate as you wish. Small candies can be added using frosting or whipped marshmallow.
Write out the toddler recipe for your child to follow. Line up the ingredients on the counter so they can match ingredients on the recipe and follow along
as you make the Rice Krispie treats.
Great opportunity to discuss colors and shapes.