Easter Cone Filled with Colored Rice Krispies
A cute Easter treat perfect for a party, classroom celebration or just for fun!
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies Cereal
- 3 TBS Butter
- 10 oz bag Marshmallows or 4 cups of Mini Marshmallows
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut.
- Assorted food colors
- Assorted Jelly Bellies or malted eggs or other small Easter candies
- Whipped Marshmallow
- Box of flat bottomed cones
- Wooden Spoon to stir
- Parchment Paper
- Frosting or Icing (optional)
- Tint coconut by placing 1/2 cup coconut into a small ziplock bag. In a very small dish put a 1/4 tsp water with one drop of dye. Add a second drop for darker tint. Add to ziplock and shake until coconut is tinted.
- Melt margarine or butter in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows.
- When marshmallows are almost completely melted, add a drop of food coloring into melted marshmallows. Add a second drop if a darker color is desired. Remove from heat when marshmallows are completely melted.
- Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Shape mixture into a ball. Mixture will make about 8 balls. (Adult only)
- Place on top of each cone and press gently.
- Frost the treats with about 2 tsp whipped marshmallow on the top and add small candies of your choice.
- Drop a pinch of tinted coconut onto top where whipped marshmallow is showing.
Tips and Suggestions
- Let Rice Krispies cool for about 30 seconds to one minute before handling. If you wait too long it will harden and be difficult to shape.
- Spray hands with Pam or put a little butter on your fingers when shaping the nests.
- For multiple colors, you might want to halve the recipe. 1/2 recipe will yield about 4 cones. If you cut the recipe in half, stir continuously so marshmallows and butter don't scorch.
See our other Rice Krispie Treat Ideas