Toddler Recipes: Trifle Heath Cake
Toddler Recipes: A Chocolate-Lover's Dessert
A yummy layered dessert with chocolate cake, pudding and whipped topping with Heath or Butterfinger sprinkles.
1 box chocolate cake mix.
1 box instant chocolate jello pudding mix
1 8 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 bar candy (Heath or Butterfinger)
9 x 13 pan or as directed by cake mix.
- Bake cake as directed.
- Mix pudding mix with half the amount of milk. Add a little more if it is too thick.
- Let cake cool and cut into small pieces. Lay in a single layer and bottom of trifle dish
- Spread half of the pudding mixture on the cake layer.
- Spread half of the whipped topping next.
- Repeat layers. Sprinkle Heath candy pieces or Butterfinger pieces on top.
TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS
Instead of frozen whipped topping, whip a half pint of heavy cream for a richer taste.
If children are helping, you can just make a single layer right in the pan when cake has completely cooled.
Make sure to layer in this order for best result: cake, pudding, whipped topping, candy pieces.
Use brownies in place of cake
Sprinkle various types of candies according to occasion....pastel sprinkles for Easter, Red Hots in a heart shape for Valentines, etc.
Make it mini trifle dishes for individual servings