Black Cat Treats
A great way to add some fun to any party table. Dress up a HoHo or a chocolate-covered cream filled cake roll and decorate with some fun Halloween candies.
- 1 box of HoHo's or or chocolate covered cream filled rolls
- Mini M and M's or small candy coated chocolates.
- Black String Licorice or Black Twizzlers
- Chocolate Frosting or Black Icing (to adhere)
- Cut licorice pieces into one inch strips for whiskers. We used two pieces for each cat. Cut longer piece for tail.
- Put a dab of icing and center the whiskers on cake roll. We used two pieces.
- Place another dab of icing on center of whiskers and place mini m and m.
- Put two dabs of icing using skewer where eyes are to be placed.
- Place mini m and m's on icing.
- For ears cut a triangle out of licorice twizzlers or use black gumdrops.
- Put a dab of frosting on the base of ears and place where desired.
- Poke with a skewer or toothpick in the back of hoho for tail. Insert licorice tail.
- Place on plate to set until dry.
Tips and Suggestions
- Using dark colored icing as the "glue" will make it less noticeable
- We could not find string licorice so we bought regular black twists and cut into thin slices with a knife for the whiskers. For the ears we took the twizzler and cut each end into a triangle so that the base was flat. (adult only)
- We found mini M and M's by the register in small round containers, not in the candy section at the grocery store although it might be easier to find during Halloween in bags.
- Wrap in a clear goodie bags and tie for individual treats or arrange on a plate as a centerpiece.
You can also make Hostess Ho Ho Mice!
Just use green and red gummy fruit for the ears.