Toddler Books: Make Your Own Touch and Feel Books
Toddler Books: Make Your Own Touch and Feel Book
Remember how your toddler enjoyed those books with textures? Why not make a simple one of his or her own?
Cardstock or construction paper cut to size of choice
Glue Elmers or Aleenes Tacky for better grip
Ideas for textures:
- Felt, velour, corduroy, etc.
- Dried Beans, Oatmeal
- Glitter Glue
- Spongy filled shapes
- Foam Shapes
- Small pom poms
- Ribbon, yarn or string
- Saran Wrap (ocean pictures to make water)
- Draw simple picture with pencil.
- Decide what textures to use and glue.
- Bind Book using velobind, staple and tape or hole punch and ribbon.
TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS
If the book is for a very young toddler, make sure pieces are glued well. A craft glue will have a stronger hold.
Make sure you read with your child and discuss textures. That way you are also monitoring any pieces that get loose.
Make a page a day rather than trying to complete the book in one day!