Ocean Books and Crafts
Make an ocean scene with tissue, waxed paper.
2 sheets of waxed paper
Colored tissue cut into shapes for stars, ocean animals
Blue water color paint
Construction paper strips
Hole Punch and Yarn to Hang
- Cut two pieces of waxed paper.
- Lay one piece on flat surface and paint with blue water color.
- Lay your tissue pieces onto the waxed paper.
- Lay the second piece of waxed paper on top.
- Dab excess water with a paper towel. Let dry.
- (Adult step) Put iron on low heat and lay dish towel on top of waxed paper. Iron until sheets of waxed paper stick together.
- Fold a strip of construction paper lengthwise and staple the strip on the top and bottom to form a frame.
- Punch two holes in the top strip and tie a piece of ribbon or yarn through the holes so you can hang your project.
TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS
Have cut pieces of tissue ready to place on the water colors.
Use a stencil to make the tissue shapes.
Here are some fish books that would be a great way to introduce this activity or create a unit on fish or ocean.