Ocean Books and Crafts
Studying the ocean? Here is an activity perfect for adding a creative element to your ocean unit. Create an ocean scene with tissue, waxed paper and water colors.
- 2 sheets of waxed paper
- Colored tissue cut into shapes for stars, ocean animals
- Blue water color paint
- Construction paper strips
- Hole Punch and Yarn to Hang
- Dishcloth (rag)
- Cut two pieces of waxed paper.
- Lay one piece on flat surface and paint with blue water color.
- Lay your tissue pieces onto the waxed paper.
- Lay the second piece of waxed paper on top.
- Dab excess water with a paper towel. Let dry.
- (Adult step) Put iron on low heat and lay dish towel on top of waxed paper. Iron until sheets of waxed paper stick together.
- Fold a strip of construction paper lengthwise and staple the strip on the top and bottom to form a frame.
- Punch two holes in the top strip and tie a piece of ribbon or yarn through the holes so you can hang your project.
Tips and Suggestions
- Have cut pieces of tissue ready to place on the water colors.
- Use a stencil to make the tissue shapes.