Valentines Card Ideas
Here are some cute ideas we have collected to make Valentine's Cards in the classroom. Most have very few items needed!
- 1 sheet white construction paper 10 inches x 7 inches
- 1 sheet of red or pink construction paper 10 inches x 7 inches
- Elmer's Glue
- Fold white piece of construction paper in half.
- Fold red piece of construction paper in half and again to make it into fourths.
- Open the red construction paper so it is again in halves and draw a heart so that the widest point is 3.5 inches across. When the red paper is opened it
should be in the middle two fourths of the paper.
- Cut out the heart and glue the heart cut out on the front of the card (white construction paper.)
- Open card and put glue on each end of the white construction paper.
- Place the red construction paper on the inside.
- The key to it "popping" up is the way the red piece is folded. See picture at very top for best results. This card is easier to visualize than to explain in
- Embellish the heart on the front with glitter.
- Write recipient's name in the heart.
An easy Valentine's Card with Glamorous Results. Perfect for a classroom project.
- 1 sheet white construction paper
- Elmer's Glue
- Wrapping Paper: Metallic Red and Silver
- Ribbon or Yarn
- Ruler, Scissors, Hole Punch
- Fold construction paper in half length wise.
- Measure from top down 4 inches and cut across, repeat. You should have two cards that measure approximately 4 x 4 1/4 inches.
- Punch two holes on front page of card in the center. (See Photo)
- Using left over paper, cut out a heart that measure 2 1/4 inches across the widest part. Glue heart on the inside of red wrapping paper and cut it out.
- Cut a rectangle measuring 1 inch x 2 inches and glue to inside of card to cover the holes.
- Let pieces dry.
- Cut a strip of silver wrapping paper 1/2 inches by 6 inches. Cut the strip into squares and rectangles.
- Cut ribbon or yarn to tie at top.
- Punch out holes through the card again.
- Have your toddler put glue on back of heart and place 1/2 inch above the bottom of the card.
- Glue the silver pieces and place around heart.
- Thread the ribbon or yarn through holes and tie.