Toddler Activities: Wreath Ornament
Toddler Activities: Cute wreaths make this one a perfect gift tie, Christmas decoration or tree ornament. Best for ages 5+ with adult assistance.
This wreath can be made with scrap materials in red, white and green in any pattern.
Strips of material in green, red or white patterns.
Non Toxic Glue like Elmer's White School Glue
Craft glue for pom poms for best results
2 Chenille stems per wreath ornament
Small Red pom poms
Scissors for cutting strips.
Small dish for glue
Surface to work on such as foil pan.
- Cut two strips per ornament. Cut it four inches wide and a little longer than your chenille stem. Most are 12 inches long.
- Add a little water to the glue to make it easier to brush on the material
- Brush glue on the entire piece of material on the back.
- Place chenille stem at one end and roll the material until it's completely covered. Adult will need to help start the rolling.
- Repeat with second chenille stem.
- Take the two rolled pieces and twist. Use the ends of the chenille stems to twist and secure.
- Tie a bow where you secured the chenilles stems to cover.
- Glue on pom poms to make the berries. Use craft glue for best results.
TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS
Show your child how to hold one end of the material and brush away from that hand.
Start rolling the material over the chenille stem to make it easier to roll.