Cute wreaths make this one a perfect gift tie, Christmas decoration or tree ornament. Best for ages 5+ with adult assistance. This wreath can be made with scrap materials in red, white and green in any pattern.
- Strips of material in green, red or white patterns.
- Non Toxic Glue like Elmer's White School Glue
- Craft glue for pom poms for best results
- Sponge Brush
- 2 Chenille stems per wreath ornament
- Small Red pom poms
- Scissors for cutting strips.
- Small dish for glue
- Surface to work on such as foil pan.
- Cut two strips per ornament. Cut it four inches wide and a little longer than your chenille stem. Most are 12 inches long.
- Add a little water to the glue to make it easier to brush on the material
- Brush glue on the entire piece of material on the back.
- Place chenille stem at one end and roll the material until it's completely covered. Adult will need to help start the rolling.
- Repeat with second chenille stem.
- Take the two rolled pieces and twist. Use the ends of the chenille stems to twist and secure.
- Tie a bow where you secured the chenille stems to cover.
- Glue on pom poms to make the berries. Use craft glue for best results.
Tips and Suggestions
- Show your child how to hold one end of the material and brush away from that hand.
- Start rolling the material over the chenille stem to make it easier to roll.