Toddler Activities: Conversation Hearts Pin
Toddler Activities: Make Cute Conversation Heart Pins using foam hearts and letter beads. A cute pin or magnet for your child to make for their teacher. Also a great Valentine's Day gift for mom...easy and inexpensive to do as a classroom project.
Tailor it to other holidays with the same materials simply by changing the shape and colors of the foam to suit the holiday or occasion.
Free Printable directions: Conversation Heart Pin
Foam Hearts (found at most craft stores in containers or small packages. Or you can buy a sheet and cut your own hearts out.
Bag of Conversation Candy Hearts
Small Container to sort through candies
Aleenes Non Toxic Glue or Fabric-Tac
Tray or Paper Plate to sort and place selected beads.
Pencil and Post It Notes (recommended), post its are handy because they can stick to the table or tray and helps keep children organized.
Glitter Glue (optional)
Pin Backs with Latches
- Select your heart(s)or cut hearts out of a foam sheet.
- Have children select their candy message and write them on a post it note.
- Once the message is written, find the beads matching the letters.
- Have them line up the beads in order to be placed.
- Place glue on foam, adhere beads and let dry.
- Embellish surface with glitter glue.
- Glue pin or small magnet to the back.
- Glue other scrapbook embellishments to make a Heart Collage Pin.
- Wrap Pin in tissue printed with Foam Hearts and tempera.
Make a Pin for any Holiday
Make a Shamrock Pin for St. Patrick's Day
Using a foam shamrock decorate with glitter glue, ribbon, sequins or rhinestones to make a cute pin. I printed out a shamrock and traced it on a foam sheet to make the
size appropriate for a pin. If it is for an adult, using a Swarovski flatback crystal adds extra sparkle!