Toddler Activities: Christmas Stars
Toddler Activities: Salt Dough Christmas Star Ornaments
Cute Christmas Stars you can hang as tree ornaments, decorate wreaths, hang in windows or tie on a gift.
See here for the Salt Dough Recipe
Silver and Green Glitter
Glue for the Glitter
Water soluble non-toxic paint
White Foam or Puff Paint
Red and Green 3-D paint
- Make Dough as Directed in the Salt Dough Recipe link provided above.
- Using star cutters, cut out stars in various sizes.
- Cut a few small stars inside of a larger one for variation and keep them to glue onto the larger stars.
- Bake pieces as instructed. Keep pieces separate
- When the dough is dried from baking, brush off excess flour and begin painting the each of the stars.
- Let the paint dry completely.
- Glue on small stars onto the larger ones using Elmer's white glue. Be generous with the glue, it will dry clear.
- Allow to dry overnight if possible.
- The next step is to paint the details on the stars with the white puff paint and the 3-D red and green.
- Make polka dots or draw lines with Elmer's glue on the stars and sprinkle with glitter.
- Tie on ribbon and they are ready for decorating your tree, wreath, windows or tie on a gift.
- See photos for Christmas decorating ideas.
TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS
Write name and date on the back.