Toddler Activities: 4th of July and Father's Day Foam Bookmark
Toddler Activities: Foam Bookmarks for Every Occasion
Here is a very easy toddler activity using red, white and blue foam to make a simple bookmark. Add a child photo in the center star to personalize it.
Red, White and Blue piece of foam.
Foam Stars (There are pre-cut foam stick on stars at craft supply stores or make your own from two of the colors.
Ribbon about 6 inches long
Single Hole Punch
- Choose which color will be your bookmark and cut approximately 2 1/2 inches x 6 1/2 inches or size of your choice.
- Using a pencil, draw the lines for the bookmark.
- With assistance, have your child cut on this line with craft scissors.
- Glue or stick stars on in the other two colors. Ex. If you selected white as your background, use red and blue stars.
- Decorate with different size stars to create interesting patterns.
- Use glitter glue to add sparkle.
- Punch a hole at top of the bookmark.
- Fold ribbon in half and slide the ends through the hole. With the closed end of the ribbon, loop it over the two loose ends and tighten.
TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS
Add a photo to personalize.
Use foam with sticky backs for the easiest way to decorate. Great even for young toddlers. They even sell pre-cut bookmarks in a pack if it's for a
In the United States Independence Day, often called the Fourth of July, is a federal holiday commemorating the
adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776. Many people celebrate Independence Day by sending off fireworks, attending parades,
having barbecues or holding picnics.