Toddler Activities: Gung Hee Fat Choy
Toddler Activities: Celebrate Chinese New Year with a Festive Picture
Make a festive picture with a "firecracker" for Chinese New Year.
1 Sheet Black Construction Paper
1 toilet paper roll
Confetti or Ribbon, Glitter Glue, Cut pieces of Colored Construction Paper
- Cut red construction paper to fit toilet paper roll.
- Glue in place around roll and let dry.
- Glue to black construction paper seam side down.
- Decorate with your choice of materials:
Cut ribbon pieces, curl a few
Sprinkle confetti onto glue on paper
Cut pieces of colored construction paper or wrapping paper
TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS
- Red Raffia or red ribbon makes a nice wick.
- Print out the words Gung Hee Fat Choy which means Happy New Year and glue onto the page.
Print Gung Hee Fat Choy Here
- Share some books about Chinese New Year with your child. For young toddlers, just discuss pictures rather than reading then entire story.