New Years Fireworks
Make a festive picture with a "firecracker" for Chinese New Year or New Years. Simple craft for Pre School or Kindergarten.
1 Sheet Black Construction Paper
1 toilet paper roll
Confetti or Ribbon, Glitter Glue, Cut pieces of Colored Construction Paper
- Cut red construction paper to fit toilet paper roll.
- Glue in place around roll and let dry.
- Glue to black construction paper seam side down.
- Decorate with your choice of materials:
Cut ribbon pieces, curl a few, confetti, glitter or glitter glue, cut pieces of colored construction paper, wrapping paper or tissue.
Tips and Suggestions
- Red Raffia or red ribbon makes a nice wick.
- Print out the words Gung Hee Fat Choy which means Happy New Year and glue onto the page.
Print Gung Hee Fat Choy Here
Share some books about Chinese New Year with your child. For young toddlers, just discuss pictures rather than reading then entire story.