Make an Easter Egg Paperweight
Make a Easter Egg paperweight with Plaster of Paris. Painting was done by my children at 2 years of age. A great gift for that special person or a easy classroom activity.
- Plaster of Paris
- Wilton Silicone Egg Mold
- Container and spoon to mix plaster
- Tempera or Acrylic Paint
- Acrylic Sealer to add shine/li>
- If you want to be able to have the option to hang it up: Yarn or Ribbon
- Mix plaster in container according to directions.
- Fill Mold with Plaster.
- Let dry for 2 minutes, then attach ribbon by pressing it gently into plaster at top of the egg.
- Let dry and pop out of the mold.
- Paint and let dry.
- An iridescent or glitter paint will add shine or you can spray with Acrylic Sealer.
Tips and Suggestions
- We used both tempera and acrylic on plaster and they both work well. If it is a young toddler I'd recommend tempera since its easier to wash off.
- Use a glitter paint to add shine or spray with Acrylic Spray
See link above for a Christmas and Valentines ornament using the same type of mold from Wilton.