Toddler Activities: Jelly Bean Bunny and Lemon Drop Chick
Toddler Activities: Cute Basket Fillers for Your Toddler or for a Special Person on Easter!
Dress up that bag of treats and make a jelly bean bunny or a lemon drop duck. Fill treat bag with other colorful candies for variety.
Make a Styrofoam Bunny and Chick
but do NOT glue on the feather on the chick, or the pom poms on the feet and tail of the bunny. The two pom poms for the front paws of the bunny should be
glued to the styrofoam head.
Clear plastic treat bag about 5" x 3". A small ziplock bag will work also if you fold the excess and tape it on the back.
One twist tie per bag
One coffee stir per bunny or chick.
Small Piece of Ribbon for Chick.
Clear Scotch Tape or glue if you prefer.
- Make the styrofoam bunny and chick as directed leaving out the items mentioned above.
- Fill treat bag about 3/4 of the way and put the twist tie on with the ends facing what will be the back of your treat bag.
- Fold back the excess plastic bag at the top and secure with a piece of tape.
- Poke the coffee stir into the styrofoam ball where the "neck" will be. If it is difficult to make a hole, use a toothpick to make the hole and then
insert the coffee stir. Trim the coffee stir to make it shorter. ( I opted for coffee stirs since it is not as sharp as a toothpick)
- Tape stir to the back of the filled treat bag. Now you have a head and body.
- The pom pom paws glued onto the styrofoam should hide the twist tie. If you prefer, add a small bow. Secure with a dab of craft glue or tape.
- Tape or glue the pom pom feet onto the bottom of the bag on each side.
- Tape or glue the pom pom tail on the back of the treat bag.
TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS
- Glue or tape the feet onto the bottom of the treat bag.
- Make a bow and glue or tape over the twist tie.
- Glue or tape feather to the side of the treat bag.
I used tape for the entire activity. Tape sticks easily to plastic bags but if you want a stronger hold use clear mailing tape.
This can be a toddler activity by letting them help fill the candy bags, making the heads and adhering the pom poms and foam...unless it's a surprise for their
Easter basket which is what these two will be used for!
Use a pom pom for the head if you prefer. See the toddler activity Egg Carton Chicks
Use wiggle eyes, beads, mini pom poms, felt for the eyes. I used foam for the beak and feet and that worked well but you could
use felt, construction paper, or cardstock.
The Easter Bunny is a mythical character. It is said that the Easter Bunny brings baskets filled with colored eggs,
candy and toys to the homes of children on the night before Easter. The Easter Bunny will put the baskets in a designated place or hide
them somewhere in the house for the children to find when they wake up in the morning. The Easter Bunny can be compared to Santa Clause at Christmas since they
both bring gifts to children on the eve of the holiday.
Its origin is disputed but the Easter Bunny has been mentioned as early as 1600!