Toddler Activities: Hot Cocoa Cones
Toddler Activities: Hot Cocoa "Ice Cream" Cones for Christmas Gifts or Stocking Stuffers. Add chocolate chips or Christmas Sprinkles with Marshmallow and top with a gumdrop for a cherry.
- Put marshmallows in a bowl.
- Put the Chocolate Chips in a second bowl.
- Pour three or four packets of cocoa into one of the cone shaped pastry bags.
- Twist right above cocoa and secure with a twist tie or small rubber band.
- Trim extra plastic on top leaving about an inch.
- Place cocoa filled pastry bag into another empty pastry bag.
- Place three to four tablespoons of chocolate chips so that they are layered on top of the cocoa.
- Add marshmallows to form the top layer.
- Place Red Gumdrop on top.
- Twist the bag shut and secure with twist tie or two small rubber bands.
- Add a ribbon and gift card.
Tips and Suggestions
- Cone Shaped bags were found at stores carrying cake decorating supplies.<
- The small no-tangle elastic hairbands for children work really well to secure bags.
- If using a tin of cocoa, measure cocoa into a small measuring cup with lip for easier pouring.
- Adult will need to hold bag when spooning in marshmallows so that they form a layer on top of the cocoa and don't slide down the side.
- If you are making more than 4 of these, buying a can instead of individual packets will be less expensive
- Small rubber hairbands work well in tying plastic bag and are less visible.
- Suggested Note on Gift Tag: "Here is a gift that will warm you up. Just add some hot water, and stir into your favorite cup." In smaller print, add the directions from the bag or the tin.