Toddler Activities: Candy Cane Hearts
Toddler Activities: Candy cane hearts are perfect for Christmas Decorations on the tree, to tie on a present, or hand out to classmates!
Glue two candy canes together to form a heart. Attach a bow and ribbon to complete.
Two Candy Canes (individually wrapped)
Non Toxic Glue like Elmer's White School Glue
Ribbon and bow of choice
Waxed paper and flat surface to work on
Paper and pencil
- Draw a heart as close to the size of the one you will form with the candy canes on a sheet of paper.
- Lay the waxed paper on top of the drawn heart
- Let your child lay the two candy canes on the waxed paper to form the heart
- Glue the top and the bottom of the two candy canes together.
- Let dry thoroughly on the waxed paper for easy removal.
- Make a bow with ribbon and leave ribbon long enough to form a loop to either tie to a present or hang from a tree.
- If giving as a small gift, make a small card and punch a hole in the corner and string it onto the ribbon before tying.
TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS
Explain to your child to be gentle with the canes or they will break! Have a couple extra on hand.
If it is for a large group of children, work in groups of four and five at a time. Xerox the heart on however number of copies you need
and have their names on each paper
Pre made bows are another option to making each one.