Mixed Media Heart Collage
Using construction paper, tissue, and glitter make these fun heart collages. Great way to introduce mixed media to young children. This was done in 1st grade.
- Select a large piece of construction paper for the base.
- Select various pieces of construction paper and tissue.
- Cut and roll pieces of construction paper.
- Punch hearts in the construction paper pieces.
- Cut tissue
- Lay out your design, decide which layers will be on top. Glue with glue stick or elmers. Use the glue stick for the pieces of tissue paper for best results.
- When pieces are secure, make hearts with the elmer's glue where the glitter will go. Add glitter, shake excess and let project dry.