Toddler Recipes: Festive Pretzels for Halloween!
Toddler Recipes: Festive Pretzels for Halloween
Make a pretzel centerpiece, goody bag treat or a fun snack with Halloween sprinkles.
1 package pretzel rods
Food Coloring or Gels (we recommend the gels)
Small microwaveable dish for frosting
Mini Whisk or Spoon
Cookie Tray or plastic container to work over when sprinkling.
Apron or Old t-shirt
- Put about 3-5 tablespoons of frosting into small microwaveable dish.
- Microwave about ten seconds and stir. It should be warm not hot and easy to stir.
- Add a couple drops of food color or gel. Gel is easier to control color.
- Stir until color is mixed well. Work with only one color at a time.
- Using silicone pastry brush, paint pretzel with frosting.
- Let excess drip and then shake on sprinkle decoration of choice.
- Let dry on waxed or parchment paper.
- Arrange in clear vase, cup or jar.
TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS
To arrange as a bouquet, select small vase or glass. Add Halloween candies to the vase like candy corn, black or orange jelly bellies,
m and m Halloween candies. These will help hold it in place and make
it easier to arrange like a bouquet with some at different heights for visual interest.
Festive Pretzels with White or Dark Chocolate
We wanted to experiment making colored pretzels, so used frosting in this activity which worked well. We also purchased a Halloween jar of mixed sprinkles so it
was easier to sprinkle onto the pretzel than to roll it in the sprinkles. But if you prefer using chocolate see our other