Toddler Recipes: Chocolate Dipped Pretzels
Toddler Recipes: Chocolate dipped pretzels decorated with Sprinkles are tasty and easy to make!
Perfect Kids Party treat or bag a few and make a yummy gift.
White Chocolate or Brown Chocolate Bark
Small Microwaveable bowl
Clear Plastic Treat Bag
- Line cookie sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- Place pretzels in a small dish and have sprinkles ready.
- Put 2 or 3 squares of chocolate bark into a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave as directed or 30 seconds. Stir and repeat at 15 second intervals. Mix well after each heating.
- Carefully pour into center of cookie mold.
- Dip pretzels into chocolate halfway and gently shake to remove excess.
- Sprinkle with candy decorations.
- Place on parchment paper to cool.
- Let cool and harden on the parchment paper.
- For faster results, cool in refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- Place on a dish for parties or in clear gift bags to give as stocking stuffers.
- Add a ribbon and gift card.
TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS
When heating chocolate, stir well for at least 30 seconds to spread heat evenly. The hotter part will melt some of the chocolate as you stir.
Very Important: Heat until just melted and chocolate is smooth and shiny. Chocolate scorches easily.
We sprinkled over a piece of foil that had a crease in the center. Pop up foil often has a center crease. Since children sprinkle generously and
sometimes not very accurately, you will get a lot of excess. Simply fold the foil in half after you have a lot of extra sprinkles and you can funnel it back
into the container.
Waxed paper in place of parchment would probably work too but we did not test it.
Count pretzels into a bowl to be decorated. For older children, line them up to dry in rows or 5's or 10's to practice counting.
For young kids, be sure to talk about the colors, textures of the sprinkles!
We like this brand of pretzels for our toddler recipes. You can find individual bags at your local grocery stores or buy in bulk here at Amazon. Our favorite
are the Butter Snaps. They also make rods.