Here are some of our super easy fruit dips and fruit salad that we have enjoyed Just a few ingredients turns it into a delicious dessert perfect as a treat or as make a larger portion for a party.
Berry Fruit Dip
- 8 oz fresh strawberries preferred or frozen. See note below about frozen fruit.
- 4 oz nonfat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 TBS sugar
- Fruit slices, apples, pineapples, melon
Items You Need
- food processor or blender
- Place strawberries in food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Beat cream cheese in small bowl until smooth. Stir in sour cream, strawberry puree and sugar. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cut fruit slices for dipping.
Tips and Suggestions
- Fresh fruit recommended. Frozen fruit tends to have more water and may make the dip too thin in consistency.
- Use blueberries in place of strawberries.
Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
A simple but yummy dip for fruit. Great for a party side dish.
Ingredients for the Fruit Dip
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- Cut fruit, apples, pineapples, strawberries
- Food coloring (optional)
- Medium bowl
- Electric Hand Mixer
- Place cream cheese in medium bowl and let soften.
- Add Marshmallow Creme. For easier removal use a warm spoon or spatula.
- If you want some color, drop a couple drops of food coloring into bowl A couple drops of red will make a nice pink dip.
- Blend cream cheese and marshmallow creme until mixed thoroughly.
- Serve with cut fruit or whole strawberries.
Tips and Suggestions
- Use a medium bowl...it can spray a little as it mixes.
- In the classroom or at home with a young child. You can write out the ingredients and materials needed on a sheet of paper in a list. Have them help collect the ingredients and match it to the list.
Fabulous Fruit Salad
Just add a couple ingredients to fruit cocktail and turn it into a Fabulous Fruit Salad. Chill and enjoy on a hot summer day. I made this one with my Kindergarten class and it was a big hit!
- 2 cans 30 oz fruit cocktail
- 1/2 package mini marshmallows
- 1 container sour cream 8 oz
- Drain juice from fruit cocktail cans.
- Pour the fruit cocktail into the bowl and add marshmallows.
- Add sour cream and mix well.
- Chill for 30 minutes.