by Jamie, Angie & Trish
2 cups whole wheat flour (or what you have on hand)
2-3 tablespoons soy flour (omit if you’d like but it adds protein)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup brown sugar (or other sweetener)
2-3 tablespoons honey (optional)
3 cups vegetables, pureed (I use 6 jars of baby food)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Spray muffin pans or line with muffin papers.
3. Mix ingredients with electric mixer until well blended (I never mix dry then wet or cream butter and sugar — if you’d like to by all means use all the bowls you want!).
4. Fill muffins 2/3 full with batter.
5. Bake 25 minutes until or toothpick comes out clean.
6. Cool partially in the pan then remove to wire rack.
7. Store half in an air tight container.
8. Freeze the other half. Microwave to defrost.
9. I like to use sweeter veggies. Usually 2 jars of sweet potatoes, 1 of sweet peas, 1 carrots, and 2 mixed veggies (you can find spinach, green beans and corn this way).
10. If you are using your own steamed vegetables, you may need to add some fruit juice to thin it out to the consistency of applesauce.
11. If you don’t have 3 cups of vegetables, make up the difference with unsweetened apple sauce or mashed bananas.
Click here to post comments
Return to Favorite Kids Recipes.